Joined: 18 Jul 2010
|Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:24 pm Post subject: Sweet 'n Spicy Pork Tenderloin
|Sweet 'n Spicy Pork Tenderloin
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
* 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/8 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
* 1 pork tenderloin (1 1/4 pounds), trimmed of visible fat
* 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbsp. Splenda
* 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
* 1 1/2 tsp. hot-pepper sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly mist a small roasting pan or ovenproof skillet with olive oil spray. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, allspice, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper. Rub the pork tenderloin evenly with the olive oil. Then rub evenly with the spice mixture until coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the Splenda, garlic, and hot-pepper sauce. Whisk to mix. Set aside.
5. Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Place the pork in the pan. Cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned on all sides.
Transfer to the prepared pan. With a basting brush, evenly coat the pork tenderloin with the reserved sauce mixture.
6. Roast the tenderloin in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160°F and the juices run clear.
7. Remove from the oven. Cover the pork loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Holding a knife at a 45° angle, cut into thin slices.
Serve your pork tenderloin immediately.